- Penn Alumni Volunteer Leadership Retreat 2014
Photos from the 2014 Penn Alumni Volunteer Leadership Retreat, February 28, 2014. The retreat hosted alumni from across the volunteer spectrum - Penn Alumni Board members, club presidents, Trustees - to meet, network and continue their very dedicated volunteer work on behalf of the Red and Blue.
- Penn 2 You Miami
- Penn 2 You Atlanta
- Penn Club of Mumbai
- Penn Alumni Travel: MP to Galapagos 2_2013
Professor Larry Silver hosted Penn alumni and friends on a tour of Machu Picchu and the Galapagos (November 26-December 10, 2013).
- Engaging Minds New York
- Penn Alumni Travel: MP to the Galapagos 1_2013
Professor Peter Dodson hosted Penn alumni and friends on a trip to Machu Picchu and the Galapagos (November 16-30, 2013).
- Penn Alumni Travel: Morocco 2_2013
Professor Roger Allen hosted Penn alumni and friends in Morocco (November 16-29, 2013).
- Benjamin Franklin Society New York Reception
Benjamin Franklin Society New York Reception at
The Gracie Mansion
November 21, 2013
Special Guest Speaker:
Craig R. Carnaroli
Executive Vice President
University of Pennsylvania
- Los Angeles Pre-Reunion Party for '4s and '9s
Alumni classes celebrating their reunion in May gathered in Los Angeles for a pre-reunion party at the home of Marc and Julie Platt, both C'79.
- Time to Shine London
- Homecoming featuring Arts & Culture 2013
- Benjamin Franklin Society Homecoming Breakfast 2013
Benjamin Franklin Society Homecoming Breakfast 2013
Houston Hall, Bodek Lounge
November 9, 2013
Homecoming Game: Penn v. Princeton
- 79th Alumni Award of Merit Gala
Photos from the 79th Annual Alumni Award of Merit Gala held on November 8, 2013, Homecoming Weekend featuring Arts & Culture.
- Time to Shine Philadelphia
- Penn Alumni Travel: East Africa 2013
Penn alumni travel to Tanzania and Kenya to go on a safari of a lifetime.
- West Coast Alumni Leadership Conference
Alumni volunteers leaders from Penn Alumni Clubs and Penn Alumni Interview Committees from the west coast came together for a day-long leadership conference at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco. Senior administrators and trustees addressed the attendees, and break-out sessions focused on issues club leaders and interview chairs face. Alumni from San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Colorado, Portland and Seattle attended. Photos by Kiera Reilly and Liz Pinnie.
- Penn Alumni Travel: The Danube 2013
Penn Libraries bibliographer Stephen Lehmann hosted Penn alumni and friends on a river cruise along the Danube (September 29-October 11, 2013).
- Association of Alumnae Colloquium - October 10, 2013
On October 10, 2013, the Association of Alumnae wrapped their 100th Anniversary Celebration with a wonderfully successful event titled “Women Shaping a Better Tomorrow: Association of Alumnae’s 100th Anniversary Colloquium”. This sold-out colloquium featured TED-style talks from three Penn alumnae faculty members who each spoke for 10 minutes and then answered questions from the audience. The fascinating presentations included Beverly Willis Emanuel, CW’62, GR’72: “Using the Power of Genetics and Genomics to Solve Medical Mysteries”; Salamishah Tillet, C’96, G’04: “Movement Making: Ending Violence Against Girls and Women”; and Angela Duckworth, G’03, GR’06: “Strategies for Self-Control”. A post-panel reception was held in the Law School’s Clock Room, enabling attendees and presenters the opportunity to network and continue the discussion. There were over 100 Penn alumnae in attendance.
- Time to Shine San Francisco
- Penn Club of San Diego event with Hoopes Wampler and Eric Furda
Penn Alumni and the Penn Club of San Diego invited all local alumni to a reception and presentation with Hoopes Wampler, Assistant Vice President for Alumni Relations, and Eric Furda, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, at the Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa on October 9, 2013.
- Time to Shine Los Angeles
- Time to Shine Chicago
- Penn Reunion Leadership Conference
- Penn Serves LA: Penn Helps Improve a Charter School
Penn Serves LA at L.A. Leadership Academy
September 28, 2013
Join fellow Penn alums beautify a local charter school that is devoted almost solely to serving children in poverty. L.A. Leadership Academy was started by Ivy-League graduates and 95% of its student body is on free and reduced lunch. Our mission will be to help move classroom supplies into the new school building, paint the walls and interact with some of the college-bound students. This is a great opportunity to work and talk about Penn!
About Penn Serves LA - Started in 2012, Penn Serves offers a way for direct community service for local Penn alumni and their children to serve Los Angeles' most needy populations. We partner with established nonprofits and grassroots organizations for one-time volunteer opportunities. So far, we've served meals to the homeless, delivered food to low income families, planned activities with immigrant children, and so much more. Please contact us if you’d like to help at a future event: email@example.com.
Photos courtesy of Kiera Reilly, C'93
- Penn Alumni Travel: Apulia 2013
Professor Anita Allen hosted Penn alumni and friends in Apulia, Italy (September 17-25, 2013).
- Time to Shine Boston
- Penn Alumni Travel: China 2013
Penn alumni and friends visited China (September 10-23, 2013) with stops in Beijing, Xian, and Shanghai. While in Beijing, the group met up with the Penn Beijing Club.
- Time to Shine New York City
- Class of 2017 Penn Traditions NSO Events
Penn Traditions Picnic, PennFest Quizzo, Highball to Hey Day: The Penn Experience, Class of '17 Photo on Franklin Field
- Penn Serves LA: Penn Serves the Environment
Penn Serves LA helps to restore the Canyon at Chadwick School on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, August 24, 2013.
The group learned about the local habitat, wildlife, conservation and environmental challenges impacting our community from the leading Southern California bird expert and past President of the SoCal Audobon Society. Alumni and children came to help clear brush and trim vegetation overgrowth along a trail under the hot California sun.
Photos courtesy of Kiera Reilly, C'93.
- Penn Alumni Travel: Alaska 2013
Professor Jonathan Moreno hosted Penn alumni and friends on a tour of Alaska (August 3-10, 2013).
- Penn Alumni Travel: Russia 2013
Professor Arthur Waldron hosted Penn alumni and friends on a tour of the Waterways of Russia (July 24 - August 3, 2013).
- Philadelphia Welcome to Penn Reception Class of 2017
July 29, 2013
- Penn Alumni Travel: The Dalmatian Coast 2013
Penn alumni and friend traveled along the Dalmatian Coast with faculty host Professor David Wallace. Alumni were treated to lectures by Professor Wallace and great tours with local guides.
- Ivy Plus 2013
- Time to Shine Washington, DC
- Penn Alumni Travel: Paris to Normandy 2013
Art History Professor Gwendolyn DuBois Shaw hosted a Penn Alumni Travel trip to France. Alumni and friends traveled the Seine from Paris to Normandy, learning about the country's rich history and culture.
- Penn Alumni Travel: Switzerland 2013
Art History Professor Andre Dombrowski hosted a tour of Penn alumni and friends to Switzerland and the Swiss Alps. Alumni enjoyed the beautiful scenery while learning about modernism in European art and the connection between art and Swiss clock-making.
- BFS Reception in Fowler Museum at UCLA
Benjamin Franklin Society Los Angeles Reception
Fowler Museum at UCLA
June 4, 2013
Special Guest Speaker:
Anthony Sorrentino, MCP'05
Executive Director, Public Affairs
University of Pennsylvania
- Time to Shine Hong Kong
- Alumni Weekend 2013
- Class of 1968- 45th Reunion
- AW13 | Class Reunions
- Penn Alumni Travel: Italian Inspirations
Professor Michael Gamer of Penn's English Department traveled to Italy, Croatia, and Greece with Penn alumni and friends. If you are interested in joining a Penn Alumni Travel trip, please visit www.alumni.upenn.edu/travel.
- Penn Alumni Travel: European Coastal Civilizations 2013
Penn alumni and friends traveled to Portugal, Spain, and France on the French ship, Le Boreal. Alumni were treated to a lecture about the D-Day beaches by Penn Professor, David Eisenhower.
- Penn Alumni Travel: Holland and Belgium 2013
Penn Professor of Germanic languages and literature, Simon Richter, led Penn alumni and friends on a tour of Holland and Belgium. If you're interested in joining a Penn Alumni Travel trip, please visit www.alumni.upenn.edu/travel.
- The Final Toast 2, Class of 2013
Welcome to the Penn Alumni family!
- The Final Toast, Class of 2013
The Penn Traditions program and yPenn welcome the Class of 2013 to the alumni family!
- Class of 1981 Mural Arts Program Community Service Day
The Second Annual Class of 1981 and the Philadelphia Mural Arts Program Community Service Day was held on April 20, 2013. Approximately forty five classmates and family members received a guided bus tour through North Philadelphia of Mural Arts internationally acclaimed installations. They arrived at the studio for a painting session with Master Artist James Burns and worked on his mural for the drug and alcohol clinic in North Philly called Sobriety Through Outpatient (S.T.O.P.) Their final destination of the day was a visit to the mural they painted last year, “Finding the Light Within” installed on the side of Horizon House at 31st and Chestnut.
- Institute of Contemporary Art - Benefit 2013
ICA Annual Benefit honoring Leonard Lauder and the Whitney-Lauder Curatorial Fellows (WLCF) Program
- Penn Class Presidents Event
Penn Class Presidents from the Class of 1946 to the Class of 2016 - together to celebrate!
- SCRAB Dinner at Loteria Grill in Santa Monica
The Southern California Regional Advisory Board was treated to a Mexican Dinner and Tequila Tasting at Loteria Grill in Santa Monica, CA, on March 13, 2013. Alumnus Jimmy Shaw, C'83, W'83, is the Executive Chef and owner of this local restaurant group.
- Penn Serves LA: Habitat for Humanity
For its fourth project, Penn Serves LA offered to help Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles. On March 9, 2013, a group of 20 Penn Alumni and friends met at a home in Lynnwood, CA, and helped to remove its roof. Habitat for Humanity purchased the home and is refurbishing it for a family. The interior had been gutted, new drywall, plumbing, electrical and floors were installed. Our job was to climb to the top of this one story home and start scraping away the roof. Thank you to PennClubLA, the Southern California Regional Advisory Board, and the Wharton Club of Southern California for sponsoring this event. All photos by Kiera Reilly, C'93, and Jane Gutman, CW'73. Read more about this event in the Frankly Penn blog: http://franklypenn.com/2013/04/01/penn-serves-la-habitat-for-humanity/
- 2013 Volunteer Apprecation Day
- Penn Alumni Volunteer Leadership Retreat
The Penn Alumni Volunteer Leadership Retreat - held on March 1 & 2, 2013.
- Penn Alumni Travel: Morocco 2013
Professor Tom Safley, of Penn's History Department, hosted a Penn Alumni Travel trip to Morocco. Penn Alumni and Friends visited Casablanca, Rabat, Fez, Marrakech, the Sahara Desert and many other fascinating locations. Visit www.alumni.upenn.edu/travel for more information about upcoming tours.
- Penn Spectrum on the Road Philly
- yPenn Arts & Wine Reception NYC
Young Penn Alumni in New York City
- NYC Engaging Minds
- Volunteer Appreciation Event in New York
Alumni Class Leadership Council and The Penn Fund Executive Board Meetings followed by the Volunteer Appreciation Celebration at The Penn Club in New York
- Penn 2 You Washington, DC
- R. Tait Mckenzie Society Hospitality Tent - Homecoming Game 2012 Penn vs. Brown
R. Tait Mckenzie Society Hospitality Tent - Homecoming Game 2012 Penn vs. Brown
October 27, 2012
- Homecoming Weekend featuring Arts & Culture
- Benjamin Franklin Society Homecoming Brunch 10.27.12
- 78th Annual Alumni Award of Merit Gala
Photos from the 78th Annual Alumni Award of Merit Gala held on October 26, 2012, Homecoming Weekend featuring Arts & Culture.
- 2012 TCPW FALL CONFERENCE
- Penn Alumni Travel: Greece and Turkey 2012
Penn alumni and friends traveled to Greece and Turkey in October 2012. They enjoyed first class travel aboard the M.S. Austral while learning about the history and culture of these ancient civilizations. Travelers proudly displayed their red and blue spirit while on the island of Delos!
- Eighty Plus - Hooray for Us!
- Penn 2 You Los Angeles
- Penn 2 You San Francisco
- Penn Spectrum on the Road: CHICAGO
The Club at Symphony Center, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Penn Reunion Leadership Conference (PRLC)
Penn Alumni Relations and The Penn Fund are grateful for all of our dedicated reunion volunteers.
- Skimmer Fest and Class of 2013 Puppy Papa Bear
September 22, 2012
- Benjamin Franklin Society New York Reception: Rubin Museum of Art 9.11.2012
Benjamin Franklin Society Reception at the Rubin Museum of Art in New York City - September 11, 2012
- Class of 2016 "Highball to Hey Day: The Penn Experience"
- Class of 2016 Penn Traditions NSO Events
Penn Traditions Family Picnic, Quizzo, Class Photo, Highball to Hey Day for the Class of 2016.
- TCPW Chicago Career Networking Reception
- Penn Alumni Travel: Tanzania 2012
Penn alumni and friends traveled to Tanzania in July 2012 through the Penn Alumni Travel program.
- Association of Alumnae Board 100 Year Anniversary Photos at the Bio Pond
100th Anniversary of the Association of Alumnae at the Bio Pond
- Penn Serves LA
On Saturday June 9th, Penn Serves LA hosted its first successful volunteer event. More than 20 Penn alumni and friends were on hand to serve dinner with dignity to the 55 residents of Turning Point Shelter in Santa Monica. Volunteers brought chicken, salad, dessert, decorations and more to prepare this memorable meal.
The Penn Serves LA goal is to volunteer our services as Penn alumni, parents and family to contribute to needy nonprofits in our community. Penn Serves LA is regularly scheduling service events whereby Quakers can proudly work together to service the LA community. The team is seeking more LA-based alumni to support our initiative. We are working in partnership with PennClubLA, Wharton Club of Southern California and the Southern California Regional Advisory Board.
All photos by Kiera Reilly, C'93.
- Penn Club of Long Island Annual Spring Dinner
Penn Club of Long Island Annual Spring Dinner - 6/3/12
Featuring guest speaker:
Daniel D. Lee
Evan C. Thompson Term Associate Professor and Raymon S. Markowitz Faculty Fellow
Honoring the 2012 Long Island Coach of the Year Recipient
Sachem East High School Field Hockey Coach
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Meet & Greet | 6:00PM
Dinner | 6:45PM
1 Southwoods Road
Woodbury, NY 11753
- Penn in Barcelona
- Hong Kong From Excellence to Eminence
- 2012 Class Reunions
- Class of 1962 50th Reunion
- Alumni Weekend 2012
- Institute of Contemporary Art - Benefit 2012
Annual benefit honoring Karen Kilimnik, May 2, 2012. Photography by Sunny Miller
- Association of Alumnae Student Awards Dinner 2012
- The Final Toast, Class of 2012
- Penn 2 You Chicago
- Class of 1967 Library pre-reunion event
The Class of 1967 gathered to celebrate their approaching 45th Reunion. A terrific party at the Van Pelt Library featured Director of Libraries Carton Rogers and a chance to see the Class of 1967 Data Diner in use by current students! A delightful evening was had by all.
- Penn Spectrum on the Road: Miami
- yPenn New York Highball 2012
- Family Day at Mask and Wig - March 17, 2012
Family Day at Mask and Wig!
- Class Presidents Event 2012
Penn's undergraduate alumni Class Presidents gathered on March 16-17, 2012 for a productive weekend of sharing best practices and networking.
- yPenn San Diego March 12, 2012
- Benjamin Franklin Society Reception in NYC
March 7, 2012
BFS Reception at the New York Historical Society
- Class of 1981 Mural Arts Tour
- Family Night at the Palestra
- Miami Quaker Nights
- Penn Alumni Retreat
The fourth annual Penn Alumni Volunteer Leadership Retreat brought together volutneer leaders affiliated with the Penn Alumni Board of Directors, Regioinal Club Leaders and Student Leaders for a weekend of networking and leadership development. The weekend began at the Penn Museum on Friday evening and moved to Huntsman Hall for all day sessions on Saturday.
- Volunteer Appreciation Event 2012
Thank you for volunteering your time and talent for the University of Penn!
- San Francisco Engaging Minds
- 1962 50th Pre-Reunion event in Miami
- Los Angeles Engaging Minds
- yPenn Los Angeles
- Class of 1980 MLK Sayre Event
- Penn Spectrum on the Road in Atlanta
- NYC Engaging Minds
- yPenn Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Penn to You Washington, DC
- yPenn Boston - Beer & Movie Night
- Homecoming Weekend Featuring Arts and Culture
- Alumni Award of Merit Gala 2011
- yPenn Florida - October 2011
- Penn Spectrum on the Road: DC
Penn alumni and faculty panel discussion on "More than just friends: The serious side of social networking" followed by private reception.
- yPenn DC Arts & Wine Reception
- Penn Reunion Leadership Conference 2011
- Highball to Hey Day 2011
- yPenn Boston Arts & Wine Reception
- Penn in Taiwan
- Penn in Korea
- Commencement 2011
Photos of Penn's 255th Commencement ceremony. Photos by Steve Minicola & Scott Spitzer, Office of University Communications
- 2011 Class Reunions
- Alumni Weekend 2011
A celebration of University of Pennsylvania alumni, including reunion classes from the 5th reunion (2006) to the 75th reunion (1936) - Hurrah for the Red and Blue!
- Class of 1961 50th Reunion
The Class of 1961 enjoyed a fantastic celebration at The Franklin Institute on Friday, May 13, followed by the Alumni Day Parade of Classes and Picnic on Saturday, May 14.
- Proudly Penn in the United Kingdom at Spencer House
Proudly Penn in the United Kingdom at Spencer House - May 6, 2011
- James Brister Society Student & Faculty Leadership Awards 4/8/11
- 40 Winks with the Sphinx - March 25-26, 2011
Penn Alumni Family Event at the Museum!
- Penn Spectrum on the Road: New York
Minorities and Media Visibility in the Age of Reality TV
Panel and reception
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Penn Club of New York
- Family Day at Mask and Wig
Mask & Wig Clubhouse
310 S. Quince Street
11:30 am – LUNCH
12:30 pm – CURTAIN
Alumni families attended Family Day at Mask & Wig for a fun-filled afternoon in the city at the Clubhouse.
Penn’s Mask and Wig Club is an all-male comedy troupe that has entertained Philadelphians and the Penn community since 1889 with its original revues. This year’s production, Volcanic Corruption, was adapted to appeal to children ages 12 and under. Families enjoyed lunch (hot dogs, chips, soda) and the show. Tickets were $25 – Adults and $10 – Children 12 and under. Over 120 parents and children attended the event -- it was wonderful!
- HighBall @ LA 2011
Young Penn Alumni of Los Angeles celebrated with the yPenn program on March 12, 2011
- yPenn in San Francisco
Young Penn Alumni in San Francisco and the Bay Area got together for an Arts & Wine night on March 10, 2011
- Penn Alumni and Christian McBride
- Penn Cares
- yPenn Year In Review 2010-2011
- HighBall @ NYC 2011
The annual HighBall hit NYC on January 28, 2011 with over 500 young Penn alumni in attendance.
- London Engaging Minds
- yPenn in London
Young Penn Alumni of UK celebrate at Mulligans and at the British Museum in January, 2011
- NYC Engaging Minds
- Penn & Emory Bioethics Event in Atlanta
- 80+ Hooray for Us
- Homecoming Weekend featuring Arts and Culture
View photos from Homecoming Weekend 2010 from October 28-October 31, 2010.
- Alumni Award of Merit Gala 2010
- Penn in Paris
- Cruise of the Aegean Sea
- Penn Spectrum Conference
On the weekend of October 1- 3, 2010, the University of Pennsylvania hosted the inaugural Penn Spectrum alumni conference, bringing alumni, students, faculty, and staff together to celebrate diversity and community.
- FACTS 2010
- Highball to Heyday 2010
The new Freshman arrive on campus to learn about the lifelong Penn experience. Welcome to the Class of 2014!
- Alumni Travel
Penn Alumni Travel offers Penn alumni, family and friends to trips to explore the world. Visit our complete trip calendar at www.alumni.upenn.edu/travel.
- Commencement 2010
- Alumni Weekend 2010
- Doug Glanville Multicultural Outreach Career Spotlight
- Alumni Travel - Egypt 2010
Penn Alumni Travel offered an exclusive trip to Egypt and Jordan in January 2010. Accompanied by Penn alumni and Penn faculty Drs. Josef Wegner and Jennifer Houser Wegner, the group explored the many sites of ancient Egypt.
- Engaging Minds San Francisco
- Homecoming 2009
- Alumni Award of Merit Gala 2009
- The Young Alumni Highball
New York City
- Penn People
- Commencement 2009
- Alumni Weekend 2009
- Engaging Minds New York
- London Campaign Kick Off
- Chicago Campaign Kick Off
- New York Campaign Kick Off
- San Francisco Campaign Kick Off
- Los Angeles Campaign Kick Off
- Penn in Tokyo
- Hong Kong Campaign Kick Off
- Washington, DC Campaign Kick Off
- Boston Campaign Kick Off
- Old Guard Brunch 2007
- Campaign Celebration on the Green
- Making History Campaign Kick Off Gala
- Campus Images Fall
- Campus Images Winter
- Classic Penn